Thursday, March 4, 2010

Midnight and i'm not famous yet

This story was a little hard to get in to. I think it was because the writer really jumped around a whole lot and didn't really have a flowing story. It just seemed like to me that he wasn't transiting very well. He would talk about one thing and then bam jump right into another without really connecting them together. The story really reminded me of another Vietnam story i have read called The Things They Carried by Tim O'brien. Like that sotry the author jumps around a lot, but is able to connect random thoughts with the story. In the Things They Carried the author also states that I'm not able to tell a story very well because I'm basically writing this as I remember it so there is no flow and the story will jump all over the place. And in both stories the authors can't get an image out of their head, which I thought was rather intresting. It made me wonder if they were both trying to distract themselves with these images of "beauty" from the images of horror in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment