Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Story of the Lizard Who Had the Habit of Dining on His Wives

This story must have been over my head because I didn't get it. I got the whole girl reading a story, puts herself in the story thing (or the sort of infinite circle bit) but I didn't understand why, or what the fucking point is. I got nothing out of it and I've heard better versions of the same story told a thousand different ways. Blue Beard for example. Anyway, if you're going to rewrite a classic, do a better job, the blue print is already there. It was the chicken and the fox, or the wolf in sheeps clothing, but with emphasis placed on the how rather than the why. The whole point of a fable is the moral, not the bad dialogue and the characters who are so poorly strung together. Bad job, thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment