Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Midnight and I'm Not Famous Yet

I liked the story itself, I liked the end as well. I didn't like the style because it made the story kind of hard to follow, as others have said, it didn't flow so well. I really liked the ending with his little rant about victory/defeat. Because of the flow of the story, there were certain parts which were not as powerful as they could have been, like the death of tubby. I didn't really care, and I don't think that was the author's goal, this wasn't a Catch 22-esque story where you're supposed to be apathetic because the author is trying to make a point. I had to reread it to catch some of the finer details, and I don't like rereading stories unless they are a real work of art, this was not a real work of art. But all in all it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment