Monday, March 1, 2010

The Story ofthe Lizard Who Had the Habit...

I really like this story. I really liked how it opened with a girl reading a book called Legends about the Lizard prince who ate his wives and then it turns out this girl reading about him is his dreamgirl.

I feel like this story began with a girl reading about the legend of this beguiling Lizard prince, and the rest of the story is her imagining what would happen if he wanted to marry her. She forms this elaborate revenge plan where she leads him on and makes him love her, only to eat him on their wedding night, in the name of all the other girls he tricked into marrying him.

I also loved the language. Most of it is romantic, like"I give my heart for you to tread on". Then, at the end, the dream girl says, "Don't be an asshole, knock off the bullshit", which I found very refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment