Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ysreal

The author is very descriptive. I could almost feel the sun. Although I enjoyed the attention to detail about the environment as I journeyed along with the characters, I didn’t enjoy the story line.
What bothered me was the unscrupulous characters. Even though they knew that Ysreal was already mamed, through no fault of his own, and had endured great pain, they proceeded to add more insult to injury by taking the mask off of his face and beating him for no reason other than their own satisfaction.
Everyone in this story was a victim in one way or another. The boys were victims because they had no parental guidance and were left to fend for themselves against the perverts and other low-life. They in fact became one of them. Ysreal was a victim of circumstances. There was no happy ending, this story totally sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment