Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ysreal

“When I go home I’m going to go crazy – chinga all my girls and then chinga everyone else’s.” Being Dominican I can relate to these terms very easily. Reading this story brought back many memories about my vacation in Dominican Republic when I was 13. El campo, the transportation, and the malicious things kids do sounds like the usual Dominican lifestyle. The relationship the brothers have is something I can relate to as well. My older cousin Yeudy spoke to me in detail perverted ways about the girls like Rafa did to his brother, which made it pretty interesting to read since it was something I had experienced. This author did a great job describing the relationship the brothers had since is usually how an older brother would act with his brother. Rafa's 9 year old brother absorbed most of what he said just “in case these things would become useful to him in the future.” I felt like the author was writing about the relationship I had when I was younger. Rafa being a jerk made the story over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment